Why am I conservative? Why am I for McCain?
1- Because I believe that the American dream consists of ensuring liberty and not equality.
Not every man or woman is equal or was born to equal circumstances, although we were born equal in God's eyes. Every person, however, does has the inherent right, as stated in the Declaration of Independence, to get the most out of who they are without excessive government inhibition. The Left talks about the American dream dying, and it very well might be. But if it does it wll be largely because the value of equality wins over the value of liberty. Equality is a leftist utopian dream played out during Soviet communism. We are created equal, but aren't equal in practice. If we want to see the value of liberty and the human dignity that equality creates, just look at all the people who fleed communism. Eastern Europe was built on the value of equality. And where did those who lived in an equality-centric society go? To America, which valued liberty and the opportunities that it provided for those who work hard.
2-Because obtrusive, large government inhibits freedom.
History has shown, sometimes brutally, how a large government limits freedom and often oppresses. Nazism and Communism were amongst the largest bureaucratic states in history. Where did that lead? The Left states that they are for working people, but how does higher taxes help anyone. How does taking money out of worker's pockets ensure their success or stability? When a political party doesn't have ideas, they come up with an old one...that government is the answer to all of our problems. History has shown this NOT to be the case.
3-Because I believe in true freedom of speech.
We have become and America that requires an individual to have courage to freely express themself. Let me give some examples. For those that disagree with the idea that affirmative action helps Black American's, we are racist. For those that oppose the National Organization for Woman on the grounds that it is an organization that hurts woman, we are sexist. For those that oppose gay marriage, we are homophobes. If we are to continue to be a educated, intelligent populice, we MUST be able to dialagoue. This is one of the great strengths of America. The Left has, quite frankly, limited this. (as seen on College Campuses)
4-Because I believe that Judeo-Christian values are the principles on which America was built upon.
Without these values we are dead. The values of individual integrity, life, obedience law all come from our common Judeo Christian values. Even those that don't practice Christianity or Judaism must acknowlege the great foundation of these principles and the American dream it helped to ignite. In fact, the liberty that the anti-American and anti-religious possess is largely the result of those Judeo-Christian values. The most commonly discriminated group in the world have become Christian Americans. This is largely because the standards that they and other faith based groups live by challenges the current "religion" of doing what we feel. Let us cherish the faith of principle, and not bow down at the God of narcissm. When good religion is abandoned, the secular turn to human beings as God. This leads to death.
How do these values lead to support of McCain and not Obama? It is not because of feelings. I "feel" that Obama might be a more fun guy to hang out with. I "feel" that Obama is a good father and husband. I "feel" that Obama appeals to many people. But feeling isn't enough. When I look at who has a world view that acknowldeges thatAmerica has done more good in the world thatn any other nation, I see McCain. When I look at the man who believes in smaller government and less taxes, I see McCain. When I look to a man who believes in the value of life, I see McCain. When I see a political party that offers the most for minorities and woman, I see the Republican party. The values of individual liberty, a non-care of what race a person is, and living by principles and not emotion are not principles of the Left. I just hope that we, as conservatives, have the strength and ability to communicate it before November 4th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment